Total Pageviews

Monday, April 5, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

HE IS PRAYING FOR YOU
“And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.”
Luke 22:31, 32 (King James Version)

I have read our Scripture verses for today many times. However, one day these words penetrated my heart. I realized if Jesus prayed for Simon by his name, He also prays for me by my name because Jesus does not play favorites. You may have read these verses over and over but do you realize that Jesus is praying for you by your name?

I will use a friend of mine, Pastor Murray, for an example. Jesus says “Father, I bring Murray to you. You know that he has been faithful to us. Would You encourage him and strengthen him and reassure him of our love for him?”

There are times when we are so overwhelmed with grief that we are unable to pray. Then there are times when our hearts are broken because of cruel and sarcastic words that have been said to us and we hurt too much to pray. The next time you get discouraged and feel like giving up remember that Jesus is praying for you.

I get tears in my eyes when I think about my precious Saviour praying for me. I have heard Him say many times with my spiritual ears “Father, comfort and encourage Joanne today”.

What a soothing balm it is to our weary battle scarred hearts to not only know that the Saviour of the world loves us but to also know that He is praying for us by our names! Thank You, Jesus, for loving us. We love You and appreciate You.


Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: