Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'The Greatest Missionary'

THE GREATEST MISSIONARY
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”
John 3:16 (King James Version)
     I have listened to missionaries and seen many slides they have showed about their work.  The needs they presented were great.  I saw slides of children who are starving, not just in other countries but also here in America.  What a sad commentary it is on Christians that we allow children to be hungry.
     Not only are children hungry for food, they are also hungry for love and acceptance.  There are children who hide because they are frightened of what they see their parents doing and what they hear their parents saying.  I’ve had little children come to my door and tell me they are hungry.
     Jesus is the greatest missionary there ever was or ever will be.  He got out of His comfort zone and left His Father, His home and all that He had to come to earth to die for our sins.  If we will listen with our heart, we will hear Jesus asking us to go for Him and spread His love and win souls for Him.
     We read in the Bible “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?  Then said I, Here am I; send me” (Isaiah 6:8).  Are you willing to get out of your comfort zone and serve the One who died for you?  Have you said to Jesus “send me”?  If not, why haven’t you?
     Heavenly Father, I know that it broke Your heart when You sent Your Son on His mission because You knew that Jesus was going to be crucified for us, yet You love us so much You sent Him.  Thank You.  I love You with all my heart.  Amen.

Joanne Lowe
February 5, 2012

No comments: