Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Tell Them Now!'

TELL THEM NOW
“Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.  Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.”
Matthew 24:42, 44 (King James Version)
     Several years ago, one of my pastors told us to call and thank people who had encouraged us and been a help to us.  I called a friend to thank her and tell her how much I appreciated all she had done for me.  She was the wife of a pastor in Texas.  When I called to thank her, I was told by her son that she had died.
     My heart broke because I really loved her and I was ashamed of myself because I had not called her before.  It was too late to tell her how much I appreciated her.  A pastor said in a sermon “I was going to tell my uncle what he meant to me but I was too late.  He had died two weeks before I called him”.
     One of my Sunday school teachers told us that she had gone to the nursing home to tell her aunt how much she appreciated all that she had done for her.  As my teacher was walking up the steps to the nursing home, a nurse met her and said “I’m so sorry to have to tell you this.  Your aunt died last night”.
     Don’t put it off, don’t wait until tomorrow to tell your loved ones how much you love and appreciate them.  God may call them or you home or Jesus may come back for us today.  It’s wonderful to say kind things about people at their funeral but they don’t hear what you say.  Tell them now before it is too late!
     Heavenly Father, I love You with all of my heart.  Jesus, I love You so much.  You are the reason I am living and the reason I get out of bed in the morning.  Thank You for dying for me.  Holy Spirit, I love You.  Thank You for comforting me.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
March 2, 2012

No comments: