Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Hungry and Thirsty for Love'


HUNGRY AND THIRSTY FOR LOVE
“They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.  Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.  Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.”
Psalm 107:4-6 (King James Version)
     There are many people who are hurting and don’t believe that anyone loves them.  Are you hungry and thirsty for love?  One of the definitions for thirsty in Webster’s Dictionary is “having a strong desire”.  Do you have a strong desire for someone to love you?  There is someone who loves you and His name is Jesus.
     This is one of my favourite verses in the Bible.  “The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee” (Jeremiah 31:3).  It doesn’t matter what we have done or if we are young or old or rich or poor, Jesus loves us.
     I am sixty nine years old but it wasn’t until August 14, 1980, the day that I invited Jesus into my heart to be my personal Saviour that anyone told me that I was loved.  Jesus was the first one to say to me “I love you, Joanne”.  Not only did He say “I love you, Joanne”, He also died on the cross for my sins.
     If you are hungry and thirsty for love, run into the arms of Jesus.  He is waiting for you with His arms open wide.  He will hold you close and tell you that He loves you and He will never leave you, not even for one minute.  Our family and friends love us but no one loves us like Jesus loves us.  We have a loving Saviour.
     Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much that You gave Your beloved Son to die for our sins on the cross.  Jesus, thank You for dying for me.  I love You with all my heart.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
September 26, 2012

No comments: