Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Will We Be Able To Say This'


WILL WE BE ABLE TO SAY THIS
“I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.”
John 17:4 (King James Version)
     Jesus was able to say to God “I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do”.  When Jesus comes back for us or when God calls us home, will we be able to say this?  It is so important that we continue serving Jesus and finish the work that has been entrusted to us.
     The apostle Paul was faithful and was able to say to God “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith” (2 Timothy 4:7).  May God help us to stay on the battlefield for Jesus.  Our precious Saviour is the only One who can give us the power to stay on the battlefield.
     Don’t let satan discourage you so much that you stop serving Jesus because satan will do anything and use anything he can to stop you from serving Jesus.  Someone had been serving Jesus for thirty years and was a lighthouse for Jesus.  Then one day, this person stopped serving Jesus.
     How that must have hurt Jesus.  Our Saviour was faithful to the end.  He even allowed them to crucify Him.  What unconditional love flowed from the heart of Jesus for us as He hung on the cross and died for our sins.  Do we love Him enough to keep serving Him no matter how much it costs us?
Joanne Lowe
June 8, 2012

No comments: