Total Pageviews

Monday, July 5, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THANK GOD FOR THE CROSS
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Hebrews 12:2 (King James Version)

The cross that Jesus endured was a cross of shame, horror and excruciating pain. However, it was also a cross of unconditional love, mercy, grace, compassion and forgiveness. Our precious Saviour not only gives unconditional love; He is unconditional love.

Pastor Alfred Henry Ackley wrote a song that should challenge every Christian “Take Up Thy Cross”. Every time I read or sing these words, they challenge me. “Take up thy cross and follow Me.” I hear the blessed Savior call; How can I make a lesser sacrifice, When Jesus gave His all?”

After all that Jesus has done for us and does for us every day, may God have mercy on us if we don’t take up our crosses and follow Him. If ever someone deserves to be praised, adored and honoured, it is Jesus! He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

Heavenly Father, we give You thanks for Jesus, our precious Saviour. Thank You for opening Your heart of compassion and sending Jesus to pay the price for our sins. Please forgive us for not taking up our crosses and following Jesus.

I love You, Heavenly Father. I love You, Jesus, and I appreciate all You have done for me and all that You do for me every day. I love You, Holy Spirit. Thank You for being my teacher. All hail, King Jesus! Worthy is the Lamb of God! Amen.

Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: