Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 14, 2013

A bunch of Great Christian Quotes

"Their eyes are dry, their sense of sin absent; nor is there any sign of penitence and contrition... But oh, if there were conviction! if they came with hearts bowed down, yea! broken and contrite, came with the cry of the guilt-laden soul... what converts they would be!"
- Oswald J. Smith

"In prayer I was exceedingly enlarged and my soul was as much drawn out as I ever remember it to have been in my life. I was in such anguish, and pleaded with so much earnestness and importunity, that when I rose from my knees I felt extremely weak and overcome I could scarcely walk straight."
- David Brainerd

"Prayer was his one great solace, and his tears would often stain the altar steps, where he sought aid from heaven against the vile and corrupt age".
- From 'Girolamo Savonarola' by David Smithers.

"I had not discoursed long when the congregation melted into tears... a little boy about seven or eight years of age cried out exceeding piteously indeed and wept as though his little heart would break. I asked the little boy what he cried for. He answered 'my sins!' I then asked him what he wanted. He answered, 'Christ!'
... Many of the assembled were deeply affected, groaning and sobbing; there was a great weeping and mourning."
- William Bramwell

"When the conviction as to its mental process reaches its crisis, the person, through weakness, is unable to sit or stand, and either kneels or lies down. A great number of convicted persons in this town and neighborhood, and now I believe in all directions in the north where the Revival prevails, are "smitten down" ... They fall with a deep groan... with the intensely earnest plea, 'Lord Jesus, have mercy on my soul!'"
- The Irish Revival, 1859.

"The power of God was present. They came to be saved, and were not disappointed. The sobs and cries were wonderful. It seemed as if God had come down in terror and power; as if the Spirit were passing through every region of every soul... until the whole soul, collecting all its energies into one out-cry for mercy, exclaimed, 'God, be merciful to me a sinner, what must I do to be saved? Save, Lord, or I perish! O, save or I sink into hell. Heal my soul for I have sinned against Thee!"
- James Caughey


"Forgiveness is the key which unlocks the door of resentment and the handcuffs of hatred. It breaks the chains of bitterness and the shackles of selfishness. The forgiveness of Jesus not only takes away our sins, it makes them as if they had never been."
- Corrie ten Boom

A man had an illiterate pastor. When someone questioned him about it, the man said, "Well, I'd rather hear a preacher say, "I seen," who saw something, than to hear one say "I saw," who ain't saw nothin'."

- Anonymous

"It is impossible to be a true soldier of Jesus Christ and not fight."
- J. Gresham Machen

No comments: