Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let the words of my mouth ... Psalm 19:14


Today I'd like to share this meditation that came from my friend Joanne Lowe today, with you. Whenever I read or hear this verse it reminds me of Bony-M, the group that put this passage of Scripture in the Hit Parade many years ago. I love this verse because it is a complete prayer in itself, and a prayer that we would each do well to pray and adhere to every day of our lives.

ARE THEY ACCEPTABLE

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.” Psalm 19: 14 - King James Version

We think that nobody knows the things we are thinking or the words that we whisper. However, Jesus knows everything! He can see into our hearts and see the things we keep hidden from people. He knows what we are thinking and He hears the words that we whisper so softly that nobody else can hear. Are our words and our thoughts acceptable to Jesus? Do they bring joy to His heart or do they bring sadness to His heart?

We read in the Bible “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23: 7a). Are our hearts filled with criticism, sarcasm, unforgiveness and judgment for others or are they filled with unconditional love, forgiveness and compassion for people? Do our families and friends see Jesus in our smiles and hear Him in our words when we talk? Are we drawing them closer to Jesus or are we turning them away from Him by our hateful actions and words?

Heavenly Father, search our hearts and if there is anything that is displeasing to You and hurts You, please forgive us and cleanse our hearts of those hateful things that bring shame and disgrace to You. May we be children that bring joy and happiness to You instead of children that hurt You and make You sad. Thank You for loving us unconditionally and for being a God of mercy, grace, compassion and forgiveness. Thank You for the gift of Your beloved Son, Jesus.

Amen.

Joanne Lowe
January 22, 2009
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.fromtheheartofjesus.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Starr LaPradd said...

That is one of my very favorite verses! I say it every day as a reminder to myself to be careful with my words.
Blessings!