Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another musical notch!


Just a few days ago, on the 26th May to be exact, my song-writing partner Greg Scheer wrote in his MusicBlog: I just finished my 34th song with lyricist Colin Gordon-Farleigh. It’s a ballad called “This Is the Way.” If you know any Broadway musical producers, call them and tell them I’ve got their next hit. If you visit Greg's site by clicking on the link in the sidebar of my blog then you can catch the song for yourself. Have a listen to the cheesy computerised Finale version as you read the words, and see what you think.

In fact, his blog entry is already out of date because yesterday evening I received the 35th song that Greg has co-written with me! It's a song for the Country-style album that we are putting together for release in 2009, and it's called A Country Kinda Guy. In fact there's a very strong rumour that Greg will be recording this CD, so watch out for news of it in the future!

Greg has been composing the music for my lyrics since 2006 and , although we've never yet met, we seem to have struck a chord with each other's work (pun intended!). I really enjoy the music that he composes for my words, and I think that I would have to go a long way to better it. I hasten to add that's not intended in any way to diminish the compositions that other composers work on with me in the Worship field of course.

I really thank God for the day that He got Greg and I together!

No comments: