Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 8, 2009

To start the day I'd like to share the following meditation sent to me this morning by Joanne Lowe. Jesus has prepared a home for all of us. All we have to do is to recognise Him for who He is, and, repenting of our sins, claim this gift that He has suffered, died, and been gloriously resurrected, in order to bring to us.

OUR HOME IS WAITING

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”

John 14: 1 - 4 (King James Version)

I have received several emails from people who are in the middle of some very difficult and heartbreaking situations. These dear people are discouraged and they are brokenhearted. Two of the people who emailed me are pastors. One of the pastors is thinking about leaving the church. I pray with all of my heart that the pastor will not give up.

The pastors told me that some of the members of their congregations instead of encouraging them and praying for them are criticizing them and talking about them behind their backs. We need to realize that pastors are human just like we are. They have feelings just like we do. Pastors need to be encouraged just like we need to be encouraged.

One day there will be no more tears because all of our heartaches and sorrows will end when Jesus comes back to take us to our home in Heaven. What a comfort it is to know that our home that Jesus has lovingly decorated for us is waiting for us. Our precious Saviour has promised us that He will come back for us to take us home to the mansions He has prepared for us.

What a glorious day that will be when He returns for us. It is so important that we keep our hearts right with Jesus because we don’t know when He is coming back for us. Are you ready to go if Jesus were to return even as you read this devotion? Have you made your reservation for your mansion in Heaven? It is only by the precious blood of Jesus being applied to our hearts for the forgiveness of our sins that we are saved and assured of a home in Heaven. Please don’t miss out on spending eternity with Jesus. Open the door to your heart and invite the Christ of Calvary into your heart before it is too late!

No comments: