Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THE AMAZING LOVE OF OUR SAVIOUR
“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
Isaiah 53:5 (King James Version)

Thomas Obediah Chisholm, a Methodist minister, wrote the beautiful poem “He Was Wounded for Our Transgressions”. Our precious Saviour never did anything wrong. He never sinned, not one time yet He willingly allowed them to crucify Him on a cruel cross of torture. Why would He do this for us?

It is because of the amazing love of our Saviour. We talk about His love. We preach about His love. We sing about His love and we write about His love but none of have even a fingernail’s grasp of how much He love us. There is no one like Jesus! No one loves us like He loves us. His love is unconditional and unending.

I saw an evangelist on television put his hands on someone and heard him say “Be healed.” Then the evangelist said “You are healed because I laid my hands on you”. When I heard him say that, I was so angry at him that I wanted to put my fist through the television set and hit him.

I submit to you on the authority of God’s Word that it is because of the stripes of our precious Saviour that we are healed. If someone tells you that you are healed because of something that person said or did, don’t believe it. It is a lie straight from the pits of hell. We read it in our Scripture verse “and with his stripes we are healed.”

Heavenly Father, thank You that You love us so much that You opened your heart of compassion to us and sent Your beloved Son into the world so that we might be saved. Jesus, thank You for loving us so much that You willingly took our sins on You and paid the debt that we could never have paid. You are wonderful, Jesus, and I love You with all of my heart. Thank You for coming to me when I couldn’t come to You.

Jesus was wounded for your transgressions. He was bruised for your iniquities. This is how much He loves you. How much do we love Him? Remember, the level of our service to Jesus depends on our level of love for Him. Let me repeat this because it is so important. The level of our service to Jesus depends on our level of love for Him. How much do you love Him?


Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: