Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

NOT IN OUR AREA
“But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him. And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee. Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves? And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.”
Luke 10:33 - 37 (King James Version)

Yesterday, I noticed a lot of smoke coming from a yard a few houses from me. They were burning leaves and there was nobody watching it. I didn’t see any flames but I saw a lot of smoke.

The Weather Channel had fire watches so just in case the leaves starting burning again; I called the fire department and reported it. The man who answered said “It’s not our responsibility because it is not in our area”.

When he said that, it reminded me of our Scripture passage for today. Of all the ones who saw the man who had been wounded by the thieves, only the Samaritan had compassion for him and took care of him.

Jesus said “Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these, my brethren, ye have done it unto me” (Matthew 25:40). When we don’t reach out and love those who are hurting, we aren’t showing love to Jesus. Are you hurting Jesus or making Him happy by your actions to others?


Joanne Lowe
joannelowe8@cox.net
www.joanne-ourprecioussaviour.blogspot.com

No comments: