Total Pageviews

Friday, January 18, 2013

Joanne Lowe's Meditations : 'The Missing Ingredient'


THE MISSING INGREDIENT
“And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.”
1 Corinthians 13:3 KJV
     Have you ever made a cake or tasted a cake and thought that an ingredient had been left out because it didn’t taste very good?  Several years ago, I made a cake and forgot to put one of the ingredients in it.  I don’t remember which ingredient I forgot to put in the cake but it didn’t taste very good.  I threw the cake out.
     There are times when we forget to include the most important ingredient in our relationships and conversations.  The most important ingredient in our relationships and conversations is love.  One of the definitions for charity in Webster’s Dictionary is “benevolent good will toward or love of humanity”.
     We can give people money and take them places and do things for them but why are we giving them money and taking them places or doing things for them?  If we aren’t doing these things because we love them, we are doing them for the wrong reason and our motives stink in the nostrils of God.
     When we are kind to people, we are kind to Jesus.  “And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me” (Matthew 25:40).  Are you being kind to Jesus or are you breaking His heart?
     Heavenly Father, please forgive us for not always loving our family and friends unconditionally as Jesus has commanded us to love them.  Help us to love one another unconditionally.  In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

No comments: