Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Music in the air . . .


There's music in the air at the moment!
A few weeks ago, the choir that I belong to gave a concert in Frodsham, Cheshire, where we sang Puccini's Gloria and Rossini's Stabat Mater. The tenor soloist was a young Welshman from Anglesey by the name of John Pierce, and I thought that his voice was amazing. He hit the top D in the Stabat Mater seemingly effortlessly, to the amazement of many of the people there. Yesterday evening I had a meeting with John and he has agreed to record a CD of my hymns, which is fantastic news. All things being equal, we shall record in July or August for a September release. Watch out for it on the Sheer Joy Music label.

That's not all . . .

Tomorrow evening, Friday 9th May, the Russian singers from the LYRA Ensemble will be in concert at my church, St John's Presbyterian Church in Runcorn. This will be the fourth year running that singers from this fabulous company have included us as part of their UK Tour, and I know that they will be appreciated by the audience as previously.

They recently released a CD of my work which they recorded in St Petersburg, in Russian, which is fabulous.

Even that's not all!

There really is music in the air over these few days, because this Sunday evening Cantoris are giving a concert at Arddleen in Powys, mid-Wales, where they will be singing selections from their recent CD, Motets & Madrigals, and also from the CD of my hymns that they released last October. I will be reading a selection of meditations from my books in the In Praise of Him series.

No comments: