Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sing out loud today!


What a beautiful morning it is this morning; sunny and bright, yet as fresh as a daisy. It's one of those days that makes you feel good to be alive as soon as you awake, no matter about the aches that accompany your age or the fact that you might not have slept well through the night. In fact

it's such a fantabulous day that you want to shout out a great big 'Thank You!' to someone for it.

Well --- why don't you!

It's always good to say thanks to God for the gift of each new day, and always much easier when the day is as great a this one is. The Psalmist says:
It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord,
and to sing praises to Thy name, O Most High;
to declare Thy lovingkindness in the morning,
and Thy faithfulness by night,
with the ten-stringed lute, and with the harp;
with resounding music upon the lyre.
For Thou, O Lord, hast made me glad by what Thou hast done,
I will sing for joy at the works of Thy hands.

That's good enough for me! I shall sing my heart out at church this morning, praising God through the medium of song, using the gifts that He has blessed me with in order to offer myself in worship. And what, I might ask, could be better than that? Surely the gift of being able to lift up your heart to praise God is a blessing to your very soul itself!

No comments: