Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Right Decision

Once again I would like to share the devotion sent to me by my friend, Joanne Lowe, who sends me a fresh devotion every day. If you would like to get them sent straight to your Email address all you have to do is to register with her, details of which you can find on her website.
“Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision.”

Joel 3: 14 (King James Version)


I receive a lot of emails from people who ask me if they are making the right decision about something. I tell them to pray and ask God about the situation and if He gives them peace in their hearts to do it then it is okay to do it. If God does not give us peace in our hearts about something we want to do, then we should not do it.

We read in the Bible “Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety” (Proverbs 11:14). We are to get advice from several people regarding a situation. However, the final authority is God for any decision we make and for everything we say and do. Unless and until He confirms to us that it is okay to do it and we have peace in our hearts that He approves of what we want to do; then I submit to you on the authority of the Word of God that we should not do it.

The most important thing we need to consider when making an important decision is the condition of our hearts. We should ask ourselves: What is the motive of my heart regarding what I want to do? Why do I want to do this? Will it bring honor to Jesus and point others to Him? We read in the Bible “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death” (Proverbs 14:12). If you are facing a difficult decision, seek guidance and counsel from people, but allow God to be the final authority when making the decision.

No comments: