Total Pageviews

Friday, February 27, 2009

Meditations from Joanne Lowe

As I mentioned the other day, Joanne Lowe is having a problem with her blog at present, and so I'm posting some of her meditations here. She writes a fresh one every day, so why not email her, (the address is at the bottom of this post), and sign up to receive them each day.

NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS
“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
Hebrews 13: 8 (King James Version)

I had a frustrating day yesterday. My computer kept giving me error messages. I worked on it from eight o’clock yesterday morning until ten thirty last night. I got very frustrated and discouraged. I have to send my computer back to the factory to be repaired because the tech has determined that I have hardware problems.

However as soon as I went to bed, I started laughing because I know that Jesus loves me. No matter what happens in this life, one thing will always be the same. Our precious Saviour will always love us. He loves us as much today as He did yesterday and He will love us as much tomorrow as He does today. He is never in a bad mood and He always has time to talk to us.

Whenever we need Him, He is here for us. The questions we must ask ourselves are “When Jesus asks me to do something, am I here for Him? Am I willing to do it immediately or do I put it off until it is convenient for me?” I don’t think it was convenient for Jesus to go to the cross for us that day but He went anyway because He loves us so much. No matter what is going on in your life today, will you be obedient and do what Jesus asks you to do?

Thank God for Jesus, our loving, dependable and unchanging Saviour. What a comfort it is to our weary hearts to know that no matter what happens today, Jesus will be with us. He will pick us up in His tender compassionate arms and carry us through the dark valleys and once again set us on the mountain tops of joy, peace and happiness. Thank You, Jesus, for loving us and for caring what happens to us.

Joanne Lowe
February 26, 2009
joannelowe8@cox.net

No comments: