Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"My, How you have grown!"

1960, when I was 17 and doing the 'Grown-up' thing and smoking a pipe --- uuugh!

Aged about 8yrs old with my sisters, I don't think that I liked being an indian! My eldest sister is the Ovaltine Lady.



Jumping on to 1978 and this photograph appeared on the back cover of my book Flight of a Bee, which was published in Rhodesia (Zimbabwe) in that year by Gazebo Books. The picture was taken on the top of The Herald building. Note that then I not only had hair but my beard was dark!


Skipping on to 2005 and here I was relaxing in Mousehole, Cornwall, after my wedding in July of that year. The sun shone on the place where my hair had once been!



The year: 2007; the place: York (UK). Gill and I were there for one of our all-too-rare visits to a city that we both love for its friendliness and warmth (in human terms). My parting gets ever wider and beard ever whiter, but the heart remains as warm as ever.

No comments: