Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

George Hamilton VI, and other new Christian friends . . .


As I commented on my Blog last week, I went to Leighton Buzzard (UK) to the New Christian Music Awards. Although I was only there for one of the two days it was a well worthwhile trip to hear some great singers and meet up with a lot of new friends.

Amongst the folk whom I was privileged to meet was the US Ambassador to Country Music, the great George Hamilton VI. George has been a member of the Grand Ole Opry for fifty years! What a privilege to meet him, not only because he is one of Country music's 'Greats', but also because he is great Christian who demonstrates the true meaning of humility.

Amongst the acts in the concert that I attended was a section of the cast of the new musical Heal Our Land, and if what we were treated to by the singers is anything to go by then I can't wait to see the show when it opens officially, the first performance being scheduled to open on 10th May at Liverpool Cathedral. I really recommend you to make every effort to go and see this musical, specially written by Jimmy & Carol Owens.

Amongst the singers whom I met up with were Janece from Northern Ireland, Paul Banderet from Hertfordshire, UK, and Liz Clarke from Belfast, Northern Ireland; all great singers, each with a gifted ministry.

I spread the word about The Voice Christian News & Views, the international Christian magazine which I publish and distribute free-of-charge as part of my ministry, and a lot of people left clutching a copy of the current edition. A lot of people also left clutching a copy of Jennifer Douglas' new CD Love Away the Hate, released recently by Sheer Joy Music.

No comments: