Total Pageviews

Monday, September 5, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

GO TO THE ROCK
"And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish.  And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?  Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.  But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!"
Matthew 8:25-27 (King James Version)
      There was a tornado warning this morning where I live.  I started to panic and then I remembered that I had a Rock who would protect me.  I cried out to Jesus to protect me and then I started reading my Bible.  I had peace in my heart again.  How I thank and praise God for our Rock, our precious Saviour.
      "And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence" (2 Samuel 22:2,3).  We can trust Him to protect us from the storms of life.
      When the storms of life attack you, go to the Rock and He will protect you.  Jesus loves you so much and He wants you to be happy.  He cares when you are hurting.  I think that we sometimes forget that not only does He heal us physically, He also heals us emotionally.  He will dry your tears with kisses.
      Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us and for sending Your beloved Son to die for our sins.  You are a precious and dear Father and we love You and appreciate You.  Please help us to get out of our comfort zones and serve Jesus who left His comfort zone and everything He had for us.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: