Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

OUR BATTERY
"Hast thou not known?  hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary?  there is no searching of his understanding.  He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.  Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Isaiah 40: 28-31 (King James Version)
      One of the definitions for power in Webster's Dictionary is "ability to act or produce an effect".  Just as a flashlight needs batteries to power it and give it light so we need the power of God in our life to produce the effect He wants us to have and to renew our strength when we are weary. 
      God is our battery and He gives us the energy and the power to go on when we are weak and have no strength.  I don't know about you but there are times when I am tired and don't think I can take another step.  It is then that God renews my strength as He whispers softly in my ear "I love you and I will help you".
      God not only renews our strength and helps us, He is also our encourager.  When we think that we can't do something, He assures us that we can because He will help us as He cheers us on to victory.  What a privilege to have God as the battery of our life and also be our encourager.
      Heavenly Father, thank You for being the battery of our life and for renewing our strength when we are weak.  You are a loving and compassionate Father and I love You with all of my heart.  Thank You for sending Your Son to die for my sins.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: