Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Grace Bawden sings 'If Only I Had Wings'


It was around about April/May in 2010 when I first discovered the amazing vocal talents of Australian songstress Grace Bawden. We were soon in touch and this video of Grace singing If Only I Had Wings,  released in September 2010, was the result. In the October of that year Grace and her mum, Mat, visited the UK on their way to Italy where Grace had an audition for CUBEC in Modena. Of course she excelled at the audition and turned many a head, which given the enormity of her prodigious talent is hardly surprising.


I think that the main thing that impressed me so much about Grace was the fact that she was had such humility and was so totally focussed on her ambition to deliver the very best every time she sang. 


Through my involvement with Sheer Joy Music I meet many singers, musicians and songwriters, and consider this to be one of the bonuses of the job. There are singers who are very good at what they do and there are some whose talents are amazing, but without the dedication and constant focus the talent alone is insufficient to propel them to stardom. Grace Bawden has both in abundance, and I repeat what I have said on previous occasions, that she is destined for true International stardom.  When it happens I can only say that it's not before time! 


This song, which I co-wrote with my partner Greg Scheer,  is available as a download from iTunes, CD Baby, Amazon and most digital download sites, or you can purchase the CD from the on-line shop of Sheer Joy Music.

No comments: