Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Why I Hate Religion, But Love Jesus : Spoken Word - Ministry Videos


      I have so often responded to folk who, upon finding that I am involved in Christian ministry, say that they are not religious. They use the term as though it's a shield that will protect them from anything I might say to them. It's as if they are warning me against 'talking religion' to them. When I answer their response by saying that I'm not religious they are fazed by my answer, and question that how can I be a minister if I'm not religious.
      Of course this gives me the perfect opportunity to explain that being religious means following a set of man-made rules and traditions, whereas I follow Jesus Christ, God's Messiah, and the teaching that he handed down.
      So I say "Praise the Lord!" that I'm not religious! Religion might make me appear to be a good person to those who look at my outward appearance rather than my heart, but it will never even begin to be able to do what knowing Jesus Christ as my Saviour and Lord can do. It's only through Him that I have the hope of ultimately spending Eternity in God's presence. No amount of religion --- whatever the brand --- can do that.
     The speaker in this video has it just right as far as I'm concerned!

No comments: