Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Great Quotes by George Whitefield



"Too many, through want of prudence, are golden apprentices, silver journeymen, and copper masters."


"At the day of judgment we shall all meet again."



"Among the many reasons assignable for the sad decay of true Christianity, perhaps the neglecting to assemble ourselves together, in religious societies, may not be one of the least."


"Nothing is more generally known than our duties which belong to Christianity; and yet, how amazing is it, nothing is less practised?"


"All I can say is I look for perpetual conflicts and struggles in this life, and I hope for no other peace, only a cross, while on this side of eternity."


"I am never better than when I am on the full stretch for God."


"I believe I never was more acceptable to my Master than when I was standing to teach those hearers in the open fields. I now preach to ten times more people than I would if I had been confined to the churches."


"God give me a deep humility, a well-guided zeal, a burning love and a single eye, and then let men or devils do their worst." 


"An almost Christian is one of the most hurtful creatures in the world..."

No comments: