Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THE PILOT OF OUR LIFE
"And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?  And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still.  And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm."
Mark 4:38,39 (King James Version)
      Leila Naylor Morris wrote a beautiful hymn about Jesus "The Pilot of Galilee".  I love these words.  "Out on life's ocean with perils ever nigh, I have a Pilot on Whom I can rely; With Him to guide me, life's storms I can defy, 'Tis Christ of Galilee".  I am so thankful that Jesus is the Pilot of my life.
      When satan hurls his vicious poisonous darts of lies at us and tells us that Jesus doesn't love us and we get discouraged, we desperately need Jesus.  Have you ever felt that you couldn't give another smile or take another step?  Jesus understands how you feel because He knows how it feels to be discouraged.
      Jesus, thank You for not only being the Pilot of our life but also for being the Pilot of our heart.  There are times when we allow bitterness, resentment, jealousy and hatred to remain in our heart.  We need You to steer us out of those sinful attitudes and put kindness and love back in our heart.
      Heavenly Father, we give You thanks for Jesus, the Pilot of our life.  Please forgive us for not allowing Jesus to always be the Pilot of our life and heart.  Jesus, I love You with all of my heart.  Thank You for the many times You have carried me through the dark valleys in my life.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe

No comments: