Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Little Bit Country!


I'm currently working on writing a new album of Country songs with Greg Scheer, and the plan is for Greg to record this CD himself. Even now, though he's busy composing the music, I'm sure that he's got a picture of himself in the recording studio. Perhaps he is looking further ahead to a great beach house in some exotic location. Hmmm! Could be next to mine, I guess. What do you think of that dear reader? (!!!)

One of the exciting things about song-writing is that you never know what the final outcome will be, for there are so many things that need to fall into place. Even when the song is a great song it needs to have some catchy bits in the melody so that people can't get it out of their heads. You know the sort of thing I mean, like the Mavericks did when they recorded Dance the Night Away. Now that was a song that I couldn't let go! I had to rush out and buy the CD! Even when the song is great and it's been recorded by a good singer, there is still a long way to go.

Keep on watching my blog for news about this project so that when the CD is available, possibly about the end of this year, you can listen to it and then rush out and buy it! If you keep a check on Greg's musicblog, accessed via his site, then you can find some of our songs posted there.

We have a CD of love songs that is due for release mid-May, so watch out --- or should I say, 'Listen out,' for that as well. It's called 'When I'm With You', and is sung by Susan Marrs who has a powerful voice.

Could it be that Scheer/Gordon-Farleigh might be the new Lennnon/Mcartney one day? Who knows!

No comments: