Total Pageviews

Monday, August 25, 2008

At least the rain was warm!


Well, I'm back from my week-long holiday on the island of Anglesey, which, for the less geographically informed of my readers, is just off the North Wales coast. This summer has been, of course, not one of the finest, and we had more than our fair share of rain, but despite that, it was a great holiday and a good time of relaxation. We took our dog Sam with us and so he had a holiday as well. Loads of walks!

Anglesey is such a beautiful place! I suppose that I'm a little biased because it's part of Wales, and also because my late Dad was raised at Llanbedrgoch, which is a small village in a farming area to the west of the island.

The Welsh name for Anglesey is Ynys Môn, which means 'Mother of Wales'. You can learn something of it by visiting here.

Here are a few pictures that I took when we there. I thought that you'd like to share them as well.



There were some tiny kittens on the farm where our cottage was, and they would come and lie outside when it was nice enough.


Not only that, but there were peacocks roaming around the gardens as well!

Of course, those who know me will know that I love the sea and boats, and so many of my photographs reflect just that. Here are just a couple!



On the way back we stopped at Betws-y-Coed, and here's a picture of the turbulent water that you can find there.

We never got chance to visit the Swalloow Falls so I found this picture for you to see what it's like.

No comments: