Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

There's POWER in your hands!


One of the things that made a great impression on me was something that Mother Teresa of Calcutta said at one time. When asked how she managed to reach out as she did to the diseased, the dirty and the 'untouchables', was that all she held in her mind as she reached out was the image of Jesus. This meant that whatever she did she did 'as unto Him'. Not only did she do things to serve Jesus, but when she laid hands on anyone then she was laying the hands of Christ on them rather than her own hands.

How did she do that? The answer is far easier than you might think, and is open to every one of us as well! She made certain that she was right with God and then she got plugged into the PRIME POWER SOURCE, which is Jesus Christ Himself. The wonderful news is that YOU can do just the same, dear reader, when you plug into that eternal Power Source. We have Christ's promise in John 14, verses 12 to 14:

12.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
13. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
14. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Whenever you reach out and touch someone, whether it's to shake them by the hand, to comfort them with a touch of tenderness, or to give them a hug, DO IT IN THE NAME OF JESUS! That way you will be touching them in His name and they will be blessed by His touch.

The power source is there. All you have to do is to make certain that you are always well and truly PLUGGED IN!

No comments: