Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Blessed are . . .


I've spent a little time trawling through my blog today, and have even surprised myself at the y to wide variety of subjects that I have 'blogged' about so far!

Of course it's easy to see the things that I'm affected by, for they get the highest number of write-ups. Things such as the massive problems in Zimbabwe caused by the Dictatorship and tyranny of Robert Gabriel Mugabe.

My years in that now beleaguered nation were made all the happier because of the amazing friendships that I enjoyed with so many of the people --- people who I now wonder have even managed to survive the deprivations of the last two decades. One of the things that so impressed me about the Zimbabwean people is that even despite their poverty in material things, despite the problems of knowing where the next meal would come from, despite never truly owning even a small part of their nation, they still were so rich in spirit.

When I think of this I am reminded by those people of Christ's teachings which we find in the Sermon on the Mount, referring to them as the Beatitudes. There are eight of these teachings altogether.

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS
Gospel of St. Matthew 5:3-10













No comments: