Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Doh! I did it again!" : Meditation from Joanne Lowe

Regular readers will know that I often post meditations that I receive from Joanne lowe here on my blog, because I hope that you will find them inspirational. You can get her meditations every day by subscribing to her blogspot, the address of which is at the foot of the post. I particularly like her posts because she always points people towards Jesus Christ and the things of God, and that is a major part of what being a Christian is all about. Jesus Himself gave us the command to preach the Gospel throughout the world, and Joanne is doing her part to fulfil this command in the way that is open to her. It goes to prove that you can share the Gospel from your own home when you harness the tremendous power of the world-wide web.
I DID IT AGAIN

“Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.”
Jude 1: 24, 25 (King James Version)

Someone made the comment “I did it again. I promised myself that I was not going to do that again but I did it again.” I think most of us can probably relate to this person. Have you ever promised yourself that you weren’t going to do something again but you did it again? It may be an old habit that you are trying to break and you just can’t seem to conquer it. I promised myself that I was not going to call myself stupid again, yet I did it again yesterday. I said “Joanne, you are so stupid.”

We can wipe our tears away because we don’t have to despair and be discouraged. Our precious Saviour is not only able to keep us from falling but He will also present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy. We need to understand that we don’t have the power to do anything. We may conquer the habit temporarily but it always comes back.

Only Jesus can keep us from falling and bring us through the situation victoriously. Where we make our mistakes is trying to do things in our own strength without asking Jesus for help and when we fail we get discouraged. That opens the door for satan to make us feel stupid and inadequate. If you did it again, ask Jesus to help you and then get out of the way and let Him work. Thank God for a Saviour who is able to present us faultless with exceeding joy!

No comments: