Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Help Wanted: "Here I am Lord; send me."


Today this meditation comes from Joanne Lowe. Is it speaking out to you? There is always work to do for the benefit of the Kingdom, and as the Lord seeks out those willing to help He calls out to us. How pleasing it must be to Him when we don't make excuses about how busy we are or how many things we need to get finished first, but simply stand and say to Him, "Here I am, Lord; send me." Let today be the day that you make the decision to go where He sends you and to be His hands, feet, eyes, mouth and heart.

HELP WANTED!

“Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”
Isaiah 6:8 (King James Version)

A lot of people are trying to find employment. However, it is very hard to find work because instead of companies hiring people, the companies are laying their workers off or letting them go permanently because they don’t have enough money to pay them. If we will look in our hearts, we will see a huge sign with the words “Help Wanted!” We won’t get paid in money for this job. Even better than earning money that will only last for a little while, we will be paid by Jesus Himself with benefits that will last for all eternity.

Many years ago, Jesus said “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Today, He is still saying the same words. It is up to us to answer His call and say to Him “Here am I; send me.” Have you heard the voice of the Lord? One day every one of us will stand before a Holy God and give an account of the way we answered our Saviour’s call. Have you answered Jesus and said “Here am I; send me?” After all that Jesus has done for you, how can you refuse to spread His unconditional love to everyone starting with your own family?

How would you feel if Jesus were to return right now and said to you “Why didn’t you tell your family and friends how much I love them? Don’t you love Me?” I believe you would have to hang your head in shame not only because you didn’t spread His unconditional love but also because you hurt Him. Will you open your heart of compassion right now and say to Jesus “Here am I; send me?” Please don’t keep hurting Jesus. He has suffered enough for you.

No comments: