Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ten years on . . .

This morning I was presented with the gift of a new Study Bible by my church to mark ten years service as their Minister. I remember the feelings that I had when I first preached as Minister, way back on the first Sunday in September 198, which seems a lifetime away now. Since then we've travelled the journey to the Cross together, had lots of 'highs' and a few 'lows', but we have bonded as family in Christ. What more could I ask?

It's been such a privilege to be able to share the lives of my people, and be with them in the times when they needed support and comfort, and to be able to lead them on their spiritual journey.

Now for the rest of my ife, every time that I dip into this new Bible I shall be reminded that it has been given with love, and be reminded too of all of the people whom it has been my privilege to serve and point towards the everlasting kingdom.

No comments: