Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Holiday thoughts . . .

It's a beautiful sunny morning today as I sit in my office and write this Blog, and my thoughts turn wistfully to Hi-days and holidays, as they often do on such a morning. At the end of this month I'm looking forward to a week's holiday and the opportunity to trek on new tracks, sometimes simply to find where they lead to, a little like the one in the picture above.

In the middle of June, I shall be down in the Swansea area of South Wales, as I will be preaching at Moriah Chapel, Loughor, which is where I was recently for the 'Revival Gathering'. Moriah is a very special place, being the place where the 1904/05 Great Welsh Revival broke out under the leadership of Evan Roberts.

I love the mountains of Snowdonia, Wales, and look forward to getting a little more acquainted with them this year. The peacefulness and the grandeur of the area always makes me feel closer to the Creator who created these beautiful places in the beginning.



Amongst my favourite holiday memories are those from long ago when I spent a holiday in Lucerne, Switzerland, with my parents. The year was 1966, and I had been unwell for a long time, so the holiday was to help me to get back to normal. My memories are of a place that was scrupulously clean, and with scenery on such a grand scale that it defied you to ever forget it. I certainly never have. I hope one day to be able to visit Switzerland once again.



Of course, like most people, the pictures of beaches, palm trees, lapping water on sand . . . all of these images help to feed the soul and make me thankful to God for the wonder and beauty of everything that He has created. Whether I actually get to visit all the places that I would love to or not, I will have enjoyed musing on them and dreaming my dreams.

1 comment:

snowroses said...

Those places are so beautiful. I've never been to any of them.