Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 7, 2009

A new Meditation from Joanne Lowe

From time to time I like to share Joanne Lowe's daily meditation with you, dear reader, and today I am sharing her latest

FROM UGLY TO BEAUTIFUL

“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.”

Ezekiel 36: 26 (King James Version)

.

The song “The Old Rugged Cross Made The Difference” by The Gaither Vocal Band is very precious to me because truly the cross did make a difference in my heart and life. The words in the song describe so adequately my life before Jesus saved me. “T’was a life filled with aimless desperation, Without hope walked the shell of a man; Then a hand with a nailprint stretched downward, Just one touch then a new life began.” Because I had been raped and abused, I hated everybody. I didn’t trust anyone. My heart was very ugly.

.

Then one glorious day on August 14, 1980, my precious Saviour came to me and touched my heart and my life. I now have a beautiful heart because Jesus lives in me. Does this mean that I am perfect? Of course not, nobody is perfect. I receive a lot of emails telling me how great I am because I write a daily devotion. While it is very encouraging to receive these emails and I am so grateful for them, I am only a sinner saved by grace.

.

Don’t put your eyes on me, on your pastor or anyone else. We will fail you. Keep your eyes on Jesus! He will never fail you. He will pick you up in His compassionate arms and carry you through the dark valleys of your life. He will set you once again on the mountain tops of happiness. What condition is your heart in today? Is it ugly or is it beautiful? Have you allowed Jesus to touch your heart and life with His nail scarred hand? If not, I urge you; I plead with you to give your heart and life to Jesus today before it is too late!

Joanne Lowe

June 6, 2009

joannecomfort@gmail.com

www.hesetmefreeforever.blogspot.com

No comments: