Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

ARE WE WILLING
“Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.”
John 10: 17, 18 (King James Version)

Jesus willingly laid down His life for us. Nobody could have made Him die for us. He could have come down from the cross if He had wanted to stop the crucifixion. There were not enough nails or enough men to keep Him on the cross if He had chose to come down from the cross.

What amazing unconditional love and compassion flowed from the heart of Jesus for you and for me the day He died for us. The wonderful thing is that the same amazing unconditional love and compassion that flowed from His heart for us when He was crucified flows from His heart for us every day of our lives. There is no one like Jesus! No one loves us like He loves us.

What a Saviour! What a friend, this Jesus of Nazareth. I wonder if we can honestly say in our hearts that we are willing to lay down our lives for Him. Are we willing to get out of our comfort zones and serve the One who loves us so much that He died for us? Are we willing to shut off the television and go tell people of our risen Saviour and His unconditional love for them?

If we really love Jesus, how can we sit and watch television hour after hour when there are people who have not accepted Jesus as their personal Saviour and are on their way to hell for all eternity? Remember, the level of our service to Jesus depends on our level of love for Him. How much do you love Him and how much are you willing to do for Him?

Joanne Lowe
joannelowe@cox.net

www.joanne-freedominjesus.blogspot.com

No comments: