Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Haley Oliver: One of the GREAT Country Music Artists of today!


Regular readers of my blog will know that I'm a music lover. In fact I love a wide variety of music, and can sit and enjoy most genres, although I freely admit that one of my favourites is Country music. Not any old Country Music mind you, I particularly favour the sort of songs sung by many of the great Country favourites like Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Tammy Wynette, Slim Whitman, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams . . . I'm sure that you get the picture!

A short while ago I stumbled across a UK Country Music artist who, in my humble opinion, ranks up there with the 'Greats'. Her name is Hayley Oliver, and Hayley has just released her new album, pictured above, called I Can Still Dream, and it is highly recommended. If you want to listen to some sample tracks then just follow this link. On an album of this great quality it's difficult to pick out a favourite, but I really like the title track I can still dream, and the tracks I only want to love you forever and Be love. Don't just take my word for it, visit Hayley Oliver's website and listen to the samples.


In 2006 Hayley released her first album Two Hearts and it has been a great hit with Country fans across the world. Early in 2008 she was awarded the Evy Maple Leaf Award for the 'Best New Artist of 2007' for the album. The award was presented to her by DJ Evy of Canada in February last year.

Hayley now has her own band and you can watch a clip of them on YouTube by clicking here.


I hope that Hayley might decide to record some of my songs one of these days. That would be a great accolade for me! Watch this space!

No comments: