Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

THE HEARTACHES OF LIFE
“As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.”
Isaiah 66: 13 (King James Version)

There are times in all of our lives when the burdens we bear and the pain in our hearts overwhelm us. When God calls someone we love home to be with Him, even though we are happy that our loved one is with Him, our hearts are broken because we miss our loved one so much.

Thomas Andrew Dorsey, the son of a Baptist minister, wrote two hundred or more songs. One of the songs he wrote “Precious Lord” came from the depths of his heart. His wife had died in childbirth and the child also died a little later. He was overwhelmed with grief and heartbroken.

I think if we are honest with ourselves that these words he wrote describe how every one of us feels at times. “Precious Lord, take my hand, Lead me on, let me stand, I am tired, I am weak, I am worn; Through the storm, through the night, Lead me on to the light: Take my hand, precious Lord, Lead me home.”

Heavenly Father, we confess that there are times when it is very difficult to keep going because we are heartbroken. What an encouragement it is to our hearts to know that You understand how we feel when we are grieving. We ask that You would please kiss away our tears.

You not only understand how it feels to lose a loved one; You also feel our pain. We ask that You would please hold us close to Your loving compassionate heart and comfort us. Thank You for being faithful to encourage and comfort us when we feel like we can’t take another step or give another smile. Amen.

Joanne Lowe

No comments: