Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Australia’s Greatest Operatic Discovery Signs World-Wide Management Deal

     Ever since I first heard Grace Bawden sing I have been hooked by her amazing vocal talents, and having met and befriended her, by her warmth as a person. I have had the pleasure of sharing news about her as well as videos, on this blog, and will continue to follow her career with great interest. Now another chapter unfolds with her signing by Nancy de Natris of UK-based Surconvey Ltd, and I offer Grace my heartfelt congratulations and very best wishes for the future. here is a rising star whose brightness eclipses so many others.
     As a reminder of her talent I am posting once more the video of her singing the hit song written by Colin Gordon-Farleigh and Greg Scheer, If Only I Had Wings.

     Grace Bawden, operatic and classical-crossover Soprano, and “Australia’s Got Talent” Judge’s Choice Grand Finalist, this week signed a world-wide management agreement with UK-based Surconvey Ltd and its associate entity Surconvey (Hong Kong) Ltd, after a chance meeting on social network, LinkedIn.

     Grace said, ‘Surconvey’s Managing Owner, Nancy de Natris posted in a linked-in group discussion that she was scouting artists to promote across China.  I posted a random note inviting her to listen to my music, so I was blown away when a short time later she said she was booking a flight from Europe to Australia just to meet with me. She is so sincere and knowledgeable and has a very unique approach to working with labels, agents and last but not least artists.  It inspired great confidence that Nancy understood the directions I'd like to go with my music and career, whilst allowing me to pursue my operatic studies and explore new classical crossover opportunities and audiences’.
     Having turned down offers of management and recording previously, Grace explained ‘It is really important for me to have a say about my future and Nancy's network is extensive and her plans and ideas are so creative, they are sure to break new ground. I am also particularly pleased that part of the profit made will be reinvested by Surconvey into a scholarship fund for young artists to develop, so as my own career develops I can also help mentor young singers with knowledge as well as with funds’.
     Mrs. De Natris said, ‘It was clear from the moment I heard her sing, that she has an extraordinary voice and I recognized her as a great talent. The music industry is a tough industry to be in, particularly for young artists.  Many promises are being made and there are too many people around who consider their cash flow and ego more important than the actual artist development.  Considering the fact that Grace is only 19 years old, I just had to come across to Australia personally so we could spend some time together and discuss the way forward.  Grace has received much love from the people of Adelaide and has been surrounded by a team of supporters who have helped nurture her talent with investment, resources, sponsorships and advice, which has been much appreciated.  We will take over ongoing discussions with record labels in Australia and beyond, who have expressed their interest in Grace and are open to any serious agreement that will enable her to reach a global audience’. 
     Mrs. De Natris brings extensive experience in the music industry and in-depth knowledge of in particular the Chinese and European live performance markets. She has been working with international artists such as the James Last Orchestra, Wibi Soerjadi, After Daybreak, Ingrid Arthur & the Black Gospel Voices of America, and recently brokered a corporate deal for an artist unknown in China, “Guido’s Orchestra”, to perform for an audience of 48,000 people over four shows at the Mercedes Benz Arena in Shanghai in January 2012.
     For further information, please contact Nancy de Natris by email or via Surconvey's website.

No comments: