Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

WHAT KIND OF FAMILY
“And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and his disciples rebuked those that brought them.  But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”
Mark 10:13,14 (King James Version)
     As I was walking back to my house after checking my mail yesterday, I saw a little girl coming home from school.  When the little girl opened the door to her house, I wondered what kind of family lives there and what kind of home does she have.  Is it a loving family or do they yell at each other?
     Jesus loves children.  Our Scripture verses tell us that Jesus wasn’t just displeased; He was much displeased because they tried to keep the children from Him.  O that every parent would take their children to church and not only teach them about Jesus but also show the love of Jesus to their children.
     A pastor drove twenty miles to visit a teenager who was in prison because he had killed someone.  The pastor asked the teenager why he had killed that person.  The teenager with tears in his eyes replied “I saw people killing people on television and it looked cool so I thought it would be cool if I killed someone”.
     One day every one of us who have children will stand before a Holy God and give an account of how we raised our children.  May God have mercy on us if we don’t raise our children to love Him and to love and respect people.  What kind of family is your family?  Is your home filled with love or is it filled with anger?
Joanne Lowe
November 8, 2011

No comments: