Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Joanne Lowe's Meditations

OUR SAVIOUR’S WOUNDS
“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.”
Isaiah 53:5 (King James Version)
     There are several definitions in Webster’s Dictionary for wound but two of them describe how our Saviour was wounded. One definition is “an injury to the body (as from violence)”. Another definition is “a mental or emotional hurt or blow”. How it breaks my heart to know that Jesus was beaten, ridiculed and rejected.
     Rev. Ovens wrote the words for the first verse of the hymn “Wounded for Me”. These words bring tears to my heart and eyes. “Wounded for me, wounded for me, There on the cross he was wounded for me; Gone my transgressions, and now I am free, All because Jesus was wounded for me.”
     Jesus allowed them to curse, ridicule, reject and beat Him beyond recognition for us because He loves us so much. I am filled with gratitude and praise to my precious Saviour for His unconditional love. I have said this many times and I will keep saying it “No one loves us like Jesus loves us”.
     Has it entered your heart yet? Jesus loves you and He loves you unconditionally. He will love you forever. Not only will He love you forever, He will never leave you, not even for one minute. Jesus is a loving, forgiving, compassionate, tender and precious Saviour! He is also a friend beyond compare.
     Jesus, I love You with all of my heart. Thank You for loving me enough to die for my sins. I appreciate all You have done for me. O how it hurts me to know that You were wounded for me. Thank You for allowing me the privilege of serving You.
Joanne Lowe
November 1, 2011

No comments: