Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'God's Emergency Room'

GOD’S EMERGENCY ROOM
“Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.  Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.”
Psalm 102:1, 2 (King James Version)
     These verses became the cry of my heart the last two days because satan did his best to discourage me and stop me from serving Jesus.  When we go to God’s emergency room, we never have to wait.  His arms of healing love are wide enough for every person in the world at the same time.
     Pastor Charles Price Jones wrote the hymn “Come unto Me”.  I love this hymn.  “Hear the blessed Saviour calling the oppressed, “O ye heavy laden, come to Me and rest.  Come, no longer tarry, I your load will bear, Bring Me every burden, bring Me every care.”  Have you given your burdens to Jesus?
     Jesus, who is God’s emergency room Physician, will bear our pain, our grief and our heartaches.  These last two days, I felt like I was going under for the last time.  However, during these long dark days of grief and heartaches, Jesus lifted me up and carried me through the dark valleys.
     How comforting it is to know that God cares about us and that He hears our prayers and answers us.  I wonder how many times God has asked us to do something and we didn’t do it or we did it when it was convenient for us.  We should be as quick to answer God as He is to answer us.
     Heavenly Father, I am so thankful that we don’t have to wait for a Physician in Your emergency room.  Precious Jesus, thank You for healing our broken heart.  I love You, my wonderful Saviour, with all my heart.  Amen. 
Joanne Lowe
February 22, 2012

No comments: