Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'He is Still Alive'

HE IS STILL ALIVE
“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
I Corinthians 15:3,4 (King James Version)
     Pastor Philip Doddridge wrote a beautiful inspiring hymn about our Saviour “Yes, the Redeemer Rose”.  “Ye mortals catch the sound, redeemed by Him from hell; And send the echo round the globe on which you dwell: Transported, cry, “Jesus, who bled, Hath left the dead, no more to die.”
     Jesus defeated satan on the cross when He was crucified for our sins.  “When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost” (John 19:30).  Sometimes we act like Jesus is dead.  He is still alive.  He is our risen victorious Saviour.
     No matter how many crises and dark valleys we have in our life, Jesus doesn’t leave us and He still loves us.  He picks us up and carries us through all the dark valleys and sets us once again on the mountain top of happiness.  Not only does He save our soul, He also saves us from despair, discouragement and heartaches.
     “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last” (Revelation 22:13).  Jesus, You are the beginning and the end.  You are the end of fear, sorrow and heartache and You are the beginning of joy and happiness.  Thank You for filling my heart with joy and happiness.  I love You, dear Jesus.
     Heavenly Father, thank You for being a compassionate, loving and forgiving Father.  I love You, precious Father, with all of my heart and I appreciate all You have done for me.  Amen. 
Joanne Lowe
February 2, 2012

No comments: