Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Love is Coming Down'

LOVE IS COMING DOWN
“For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”
Luke 2:11 (King James Version)
     Not only did love come down when Christ was born, His love is coming down every day for us.  He delights in making us happy.  His heart is overflowing with love, unconditional love for us.  Our precious Saviour also wants to give us joy.  He has given us a way so that we can have joy in our heart and life.
     We read in the Bible “Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore” (Psalm 16:11).  If you want to have the fulness of joy, stay in the presence of Jesus.  That doesn’t mean that we have to pray every minute. 
     What it does mean is that we should not go where we can’t take Him or do or say anything that would hurt Him and break His heart.  I don’t watch television.  I only watch DVD’s that are about families.  They are DVD’s that I have selected that make me think about Jesus.
     My favorite DVD’s I watch are about the Walton family.  The love they show to one another reminds me of the love Jesus has for us.  It is the same when I read a book, if the first chapter doesn’t make me think about Jesus I close the book and I don’t read it. 
     Every movie that we watch and everything that we read should exalt Jesus.  One of the definitions I found for exalt in Webster’s Dictionary is “to elevate by praise or in estimation”.  Do the movies you watch and the books you read exalt Jesus?  If not, stop watching those movies and reading those books. 
Joanne Lowe
February 23, 2012

No comments: