Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Happiness and Sorrow'

HAPPINESS AND SORROW
“Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.”
Philippians 4:4 (King James Version)
     Our Scripture verse instructs us to rejoice in the Lord all the time.  We should rejoice not only when we are happy but also when we are sad.  How can we rejoice when we are grieving?  We can rejoice because we know that Jesus is with us all the time and that He never leaves us, not even for one minute.
     “Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.  Amen” (Matthew 28:20).  Knowing that Jesus is always with us should be enough to fill our heart with happiness even in the midst of heartache and sorrow.
     Not only is Jesus always with us, He also picks us up in His loving arms and carries us through all the dark valleys of our life and sets us once again on the mountain top of happiness.  When we are hurting so much that we can’t sleep and the night seems so long, Jesus sits beside our bed and holds our hand.
     Jesus is a compassionate and loving Saviour.  He really does love us.  It breaks His heart when we are sad.  He weeps with us when we are hurting and He rejoices with us when we are happy.  He longs to comfort and encourage you.  Allow Jesus to dry the tears from your heart and eyes with tender kisses.
     Heavenly Father, thank You for Jesus.  Precious Saviour, thank You for never leaving me and for the many times You have carried me through the dark valleys of my life.  You are so faithful and You really do love me and care what happens to me.  I love You, dear Jesus, with all of my heart.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
February 18, 2012

No comments: