Total Pageviews

Monday, July 23, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'The Medicine of Love'


THE MEDICINE OF LOVE
“And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written.  Amen.”
John 21:25 (King James Version)
     There is a wonderful registered nurse who comes to my home to teach me about my diabetes and instruct me in the proper way to test my blood sugar.  She is very patient with me.  However, the thing that is most important to me is that she really does care about me and is a very compassionate person.
     Yesterday as the nurse was leaving, she gave me a hug.  That hug proved to me that she really does care about me.  That hug was the medicine of love.  The Bible doesn’t tell us that Jesus hugged everyone.  However, there is no doubt in my mind that Jesus hugged every person that He ministered to and healed.
     There are some parents who never hug their children or say to them “I love you”.  If you want your children to know that you really do love them, hug them.  A girl who had gone to her friend’s house to play said “My mother has never told me she loves me or hugged me”.  My heart goes out to this little girl.
     Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us so much that You sent Jesus not only to be our Saviour but also to encourage us and hug us.  Jesus, Your hugs have warmed my heart many times and proved to me how much You love me.  Thank You, dear Jesus.  I love You with all my heart.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
July 19, 2012

No comments: