Total Pageviews

Monday, July 2, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Our Hurricane Shelter'


OUR HURRICANE SHELTER
“Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy.”
Psalm 61:1-3 (King James Version) 
     When we have hurricanes in our area, they open buildings that are designated as hurricane shelters.  There is a hurricane shelter that is always open any time day or night and it is the protective arms of God.  Not only does God shelter us from the storms of weather, He also protects us from the storms of life.
     Sometimes the storms of life threaten to pull us under for the last time.  Have you ever felt like you couldn’t give another smile or take another step?  It is then that God enfolds us in His loving arms of compassion as He encourages us and gives us the strength to go on.  God cheers us on to victory.
     Heavenly Father, thank You for being a Father who is full of compassion.  You really love us and it breaks Your heart when we are discouraged.  You are our hurricane shelter and we can depend on You.  We love You and we appreciate all that You have done for us and all that You do for us every day.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
June 30, 2012

No comments: