Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'The Book of Hope'


THE BOOK OF HOPE
“Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.”
Psalm 119:114 (King James Version)
     We can believe the words of hope and the promises we read in the Bible to be true because God and Jesus do not lie.  “God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” (Numbers 23:19).
     How thankful I am to know that everything I read in the Bible is true and that it will give me instruction and lead me down the right path of life and keep me in the center of God’s will.  However, I must do what God and Jesus tell me to do in the Bible.  What about you?  Are you in God’s will for your life?
     Heavenly Father, thank You for the hope You give us in Your Word and for the assurance that everything that You and Jesus tell us is true.  Please keep us in the center of Your will.  May we be children who bring You happiness instead of children who bring You sadness.  Amen.
Joanne Lowe
August 28, 2012

No comments: