Total Pageviews

Friday, August 10, 2012

Thoughts on sending a letter .....

     Do you remember the days when people communicated by sending letters, hand-written or typed, to each other? What a lift it added to your day to hear from someone you cared about! In these days of short communications such as Facebook, Twitt
er and email, I think that so much has been lost when it comes to communicating with each other.
     Perhaps today would be a good day to change someone's life by writing them a chatty letter and letting them know that you cared enough about them to share a little of your time with them.


     How well I recall sitting at my desk tapping away at the keys of my blue-cased 'Brother' typewriter. Somehow the keyboards of today don't seem anywhere near as friendly!


     Whilst writing a letter was a pleasurable task, receiving one from a friend was a tremendous joy. How many days have been brightened in the past when I lived in Africa, by my receiving a letter from someone which I would open and devour, reading and re-reading the contents throughout the day. I can only hope that I have managed to brighten a few people's days as much too.

No comments: