Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Joanne Lowe's Meditations: 'Stay on the Battlefield'


STAY ON THE BATTLEFIELD
“Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of God.”
Hebrews 12:1, 2 (King James Version)
     The war between good and evil was won when Jesus defeated satan on the cross.  However, we are still in a battle and we must stay on the battlefield even when we get discouraged and satan attacks us.  If Jesus endured the cross for us, we should stay on the battlefield for Him even if we are ridiculed for serving Him.
     We can’t stay on the battlefield and keep serving Jesus by ourselves.  It is too hard and there are too many things that come against us that will discourage us.  We need Jesus because only Jesus can give us the victory when satan attacks us with poisonous and vicious doubts and discouragement. 
     Charles Hutchinson Gabriel wrote the beautiful gospel song “I need Jesus, my need I now confess”.  The words in this song are so true.  “I need Jesus, I need a friend like Him, A friend to guide when paths of life are dim; I need Jesus, when foes my soul assail; Alone I know I can but fail, So I need Jesus”.
     Are you willing to stay on the battlefield for Jesus no matter how many obstacles are put in your path?  Even if our family and friends ridicule and reject us for serving Jesus, we must stay on the battlefield for Jesus and keep serving Him just as Jesus stayed on the cross for us.
Joanne Lowe
August 21, 2012

No comments: