Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2007

I must have survived . . .

Sorry --- no post to my blog yesterday 'cos my 'Day-job' in hospital on Wednesday turned out to be a two-day job after all! I had a bad reaction to the anaesthetic and so had to spend an extra day in hospital. However, I must have survived, 'cos otherwise today's blog would be missing too!!!
When I went down to theatre I was very relaxed and calm, thanks, I'm sure, to the prayers that I'd sent up plus, very importantly, the prayers of others for my well-being. How important it is to pray for others. Some years ago, living in Wales, I was suffering very badly with my back and had considerable mobility problems. One day I was arranging to visit a Christian friend the following day and suggested that I arrived at his house at 10.00 am. He looked a little awkward at first, but then explained that it would be his prayer time. "Not only that," he said, " but at 10 o'clock every day I pray for your healing and well-being." I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by this revelation. To think that someone prayed for me at a set time EVERY DAY! WOW!!! As it turned out he thought about things for a moment and then said that I would be welcome to join him so that we could spend prayer time together, and what a blessing it was.
This is one of the gems in my casket of blessings; one of the things that reminds me how rich I am in heavenly terms. Over the years the casket has become fuller and fuller, and every now and then I can reach in and let others see the gem as well. That way I think that the blessing that was given to me can be continually shared around, bringing blessings to others simply by reminding them how wonderful and how good God is.

No comments: